Cheesy Taco Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2.5 cup(s) milk divided
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- package(s) taco seasoning
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can(s) black beans
- tortilla chips crushed
- Brown ground beef in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper, until no longer pink. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then whisk in flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in 1 cup milk, season with salt and pepper, then switch to a wooden spoon and stir mixture until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat then stir in shredded cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- Add taco seasoning, rotel, black beans, cheese sauce, and remaining 1-1/2 cups milk into cooked ground beef then stir well to combine. Bring to a heavy simmer then turn heat down to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with crushed tortilla chips and more shredded cheese, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Taco Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews