this is rilly good, i love my soup to have lots of big hot kielbasa , but still there is something off about this soup i cant put my finger on it , some thing odd , odd but good , my girl hates it but my bff jerry cat get enuff
Cheesy Potato and Kielbasa Soup
- 4 to 5 whole(s) potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margerine melted
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) 3 blend cheddar cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 whole(s) kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1. In a big pot - over medium heat combine potatoes, water, and salt. It may take a little more water. I usually just use enough to just cover the potatoes --- which is usually about 2 cups.
- 2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 15 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- 3. Cut kielbasa into small circle or half moon pieces. Cook in medium frying pan on medium heat with olive oil while potatoes simmer.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix butter, flour, milk, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 4. Once potatoes are tender, add the milk mixture, and kielbasa to the pot. Cook on medium heat until bubbly. Stir every couple of minutes.
- 5. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 6. Let stand 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by maryslowik and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note