Cheeseburger Soup (Ashley's Recipe)
Community Recipe from
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 3 small potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 8 ounce(s) Kraft velveeta cheese, cubed (1/4 of the package)
- Bay Leaf
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 1/2 cups of the broth and add potatoes.
- In a skillet, drizzle a bit of olive oil. Add garlic, onion, celery, and beef and cook until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain and transfer to soup pot.
- Save 1/2 cup of broth and mix with flour, then add that as well. Add any/all seasonings to taste (basil, bay leaf, marjoram, paprika, salt/pepper). I am not shy with the seasoning! Stir in evaporated milk and Velveeta. Heat until cheese is melted, potatoes are tender, and soup is hot. Do not cook too long or cheese will separate, but if that happens, combine 1 tbsp of flour and 1/4 cup of soup in a cup and stir to a paste. Stir the paste mixture into pot and cook a few more minutes.
- Can also be adapted to crockpot - the garlic/onion/celery/ground beef in a skillet and then add everything to the crockpot and cook for 2 hours on low.
- Can be served with crumbled tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheeseburger Soup (Ashley's Recipe) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews