Cheddar, Leek and Broccoli Quiche
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1 pound(s) thickly sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced in thin rounds
- 6-8 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cup(s) steamed, chopped broccoli, drained well
- 8 ounce(s) reserve Cheddar, shredded
- 2 baked 10-inch pie crusts
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium high heat until crispy, about 7 minutes. Drain bacon, leaving 1 tablespoon of fat in pan. Add leeks and scallions to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until leeks are softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli and transfer to a bowl; let cool. Stir in bacon and cheese.
- 2. Spoon bacon-and-veggie filling into pie crusts. Whisk eggs with egg yolks and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper; add paprika. Pour custard into crusts and bake for about 30 minutes. Rotate halfway through for even baking, until golden brown on top. Transfer quiches to a rack and cool for 15 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note