Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Shamelessly copied from: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/03/cheddar-bay-biscuits.html A couple of months ago I wanted to make the coveted Red Lobster biscuits but I didn’t have Bisquick at the time so I made these instead. They tasted great but to simplify things even more (Yes, I’m that lazy) here’s an awesome recipe if you have Bisquick on hand that tastes just like Red Lobster’s. These are grub. They would be great with an Easter ham.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Bisquick
- 4 tablespoon(s) Cold butter
- 1 cup(s) Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
- Butter Glaze
- 3 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Dried parsley flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease or line one cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.
- Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (I just used 2 forks). Don’t worry about mixing too thoroughly; there will be small chunks of butter in the mix about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Drop 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto the lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- While the biscuits are baking, melt butter is a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in garlic powder and dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread the garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on the freshly coated biscuits. Makes one dozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AnnLeander and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads