Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) cauliflower
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1 whole(s) tomato chopped
- 1 bar(s) ginger 1 inch
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 3 whole(s) green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut grated
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kasa kasaa(Poppy seeds)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chillie powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces.Wash and soak it in boiling water with a little salt for 5 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Soak poppy seed in a little hot water .Grind it to a fine paste along with coconut.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds, when it sizzles, add onion and fry till they turn transparent.
- Then add the grounded ginger-garlic-green chillie paste. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, turmeric powder, chillie powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and needed water. Cook till cauliflower turns soft. Do not overcook.
- Then add the grounded coconut paste and simmer till everything gets combined well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vinodgnp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cauliflower Kurma Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables