Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 3/4 cup(s) All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 cup(s) finely grated carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) fresh grated nutmeg
- pinch(s) ginger
- pinch(s) ground cloves
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- softened butter, for brushing the griddle
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat pastry flour
- To prepare the pancakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined - fold in carrots.
- Preheat griddle. Brush with just enough softened butter to coat.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle - gently spread batter into a round. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked - gently flip pancakes over and cook until the other side has turned golden. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing griddle with butter before adding the next batch.
- To prepare honey butter
- In a small bowl, combined butter and honey - serve with pancakes.
- Makes about 4 to 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by debrajjohns and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carrot Cake Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch