Caribbean Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup(s) Quinoa
- 1 cup(s) water
- pinch(s) Salt
- 1 Serrano Chili finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) Pressed Olive White Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup(s) Pressed Olive Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 can(s) Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Mango cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup(s) Red Onion diced
- 1/2 cup(s) Feta Cheese crumbled
- Toast the quinoa by placing it in a dry saucepan over medium-high heat. Shake the pan frequently until the quinoa is lightly browned and gives off a roasted fragrance, 2 to 5 minutes. Rinse quinoa under running water and return to pan.
- Stir in water and a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer the quinoa for about 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa can be fluffed with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the Serrano chili, cilantro, White Coconut Balsamic Vinegar and lime juice. Whisk in the Persian Lime Olive Oil.
- Add the mango, red onion, bell pepper, black beans, feta cheese and cooled quinoa. Toss together until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PressedOlive and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note