Caramel Puff Corn
Puff Corn can be found in the potato chip aisle of your grocery store. (The brand we have is Old Dutch, but I'm sure there are others.) Making caramel corn this way gives you great big "kernels" with no hulls or old maids. Quite addictive. Great at a party. Makes nice gifts too.
- 8 ounce(s) Bag Puffed Corn
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 1 cup(s) Butter
- 0.5 cup(s) Light Corn Syrup
- 1. Place puff corn in a large roaster pan.
- 2. In 2 quart sauce pan bring the butter, sugar & corn syrup to bring to boil, then cook for 2 minutes.
- 3. Add the baking soda this will cause the caramel mixture to foam up.
- 4. Stir well and remove from heat.
- 5. Pour over puff corn in roaster and bake in 250 oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 1015 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven, spread out onto wax paper to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by yeckenr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note