Cape Cod Crab Cakes
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 stalk(s) celery, finel diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 2 1-pound can(s) backfin crabmeat
- Salt and pepper
- About 2 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- 1. Saute pepper, celery and onion in the butter until softened. Let cool.
- 2. Mix lemon juice, mayo, eggs and crab. Stir in the cooled vegetables and enough breadcrumbs until the mixture holds together. (You may not need all of the breadcrumbs.)
- 3. Shape into 8 patties to make large crab cakes.
- 4. Heat saute pan over medium heat with a thin film of oil and brown crab cakes on both sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note