Candied Curried Walnuts
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 stick(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 3 cup(s) walnuts (or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 250*. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Mix onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, curry powder, and cayenne pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Melt butter and honey with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add pecan halves and stir to coat; remove from heat. Add spice mixture and toss to coat pecans evenly. Spread pecans in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans until dry and toasted, about 40 minutes. Cool completely. Separate pecans. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Stiore airtight at room temperature.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note