Bulgur-Bean Burgers with Tahini Dressing
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) bulgar
- 1. 1/2 cup bulgar
- 2. 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3. 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 4. 1 medium onion, diced
- 5. 1 large carrot, chopped
- 6. 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 7. 1 large egg
- 8. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 9. 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10. 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 11. A sprig or two of fresh parsley, chopped
- 12. 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 13. 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 14. Salt and pepper to taste
- 15. Fresh lettuce leaves, tomato slices and red onion rings
- For the tahini sauce:
- 1. 1/2 cup of soy mayonnaise; you can also use regular mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 2. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3. 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4. 1 teaspoon Tamari
- * Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- For the burgers:
- * In a medium bowl, mix bulgur with 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt and 1 cup boiling water. Cover bowl, and let sit until bulgur is tender and all the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- * Meanwhile, saute the onion, carrot and celery in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Cook until lightly browned, about five minutes. Add the parsley during the final minute; set aside.
- * Place beans in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher.
- * Add breadcrumbs, sauteed vegetable mixture, egg, cayenne, cumin, chili powder, tahini and bulgur.
- * Season with salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- * Form mixture into 5-6 patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- * In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Cook patties until browned and firm, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- * Serve on toasted rolls or English muffins with tahini mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onion. A side of tatooed potatoes complements them well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lynnjr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bulgur-Bean Burgers with Tahini Dressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes