Bugeo Guk (Korean Dried Pollack Soup)
We had ourselves a light and healthy bugeo guk (dried pollack soup) with our meal tonight. We have been holding off on this dish simply because it's a ripoff to buy at our local Korean market (we paid $13 for an 8 oz bag) and wanted to wait until our next trip to Chicago where we could buy some higher quality and less expensive Korean goods. Anyways, we bought it in the end and the taste alone proved its worth....http://www.mykoreaneats.com
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) dried pollack (bugeo)
- 1/3 piece(s) korean radish thin slices
- 2 piece(s) green onions diced
- 1 whole(s) firm tofu cut squares
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1.In a large pot, saute the minced garlic with the sesame oil and soy sauce for a few minutes. Add in the dried pollack and continue for 2-3 minutes.
- 2.Add water to the pot filling about an inch above the dried pollack (more if you prefer extra liquid). Boil for about 5 minutes and then add the sliced radish pieces. Simmer for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- 3.Slowly add in the beaten egg swirling the soup at the same time to get a flaky consistency.
- 4.Add chopped green onions, cook for another minute or so. Season with salt.
- 5.Serve with rice and other side dishes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note