Community Recipe from
- 1 Whole chicken (3 lbs)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 1 cup(s) Green bell pepper Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 3 can(s) Whole peeled tomatoes (16 oz each) Untrained and chopped
- 1 can(s) Tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 1 pound(s) Red potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 1 can(s) Baked beans (16 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1 can(s) Whole kernel corn (16 oz) Drained
- 1 can(s) Lima beans (16 oz) Drained
- Cook chicken in a large Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from broth; reserving broth for another use. Cool chicken. Skin, bone and chop chicken.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot oil in Dutch oven until tender. Add chicken, tomato and next 4 ingredients.
- Combine flour and 1 cup water, whisking until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Add potato and next 5 ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes. Add corn and Lima beans and cook 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brunswick Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews