Brocolli rice casserole
- 4 cup(s) cooked white rice
- 4 cup(s) chopped brocolli
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- Cook rice or use day old cooked rice (1 cup of uncooked is about 2T short of 2 cups of cooked rice.)
- Chop and steam the brocolli in a large bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes, stir and steam 2 minutes more. Can also steam on stovetop, but I micro to shortcut.
- Cook chopped onion in butter till wilted in pan on stove.
- Mix together brocolli, onion, 2 cans of soup, cheddar cheese and water (all ingredients). Pour into greased 9x11 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- If you make day before and store in frig, take out and bring to room temperature before baking or add extra time.
- Some people add bread crumbs on top or cheese on top to make a crust - I didn't.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimwchew and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Brocolli rice casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles