Broccoli with Carmalized Onions and Pinenuts
- 2 teaspoon(s) Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cup(s) Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup(s) Chopped Onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) Pine Nuts or chopped Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Toast pine nuts or almonds in a medium dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant - 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, adjusting heat as necessary, until soft and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam broccoli until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the nuts, onion, vinegar and pepper; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 7g (1 g sat. 3 g mono)
- Cholesteral: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Potassium: 328mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dbshade and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note