I gave this recipe to a male friend. He reports it is his standard pot luck dish. It gets eaten up and people are impressed that he (a male) brought it. It can survive transport, sitting around on a table well. I usually make enough to have some for meals at home. The tastes blend nicely over time too. I usually use the Pyrex bowl set; largest for assembly, next largest for carrying to event, smallest to mix dressing. In the refrig you can keep it made up to several days.
Yield: 10 servings
Community Recipe from
- broccoli clean bite size
- red onions raw, chopped
- nuts (favorite) chopped
- mayo Hellmans whisk together
- sweet pickle juice whisk with mayo
- 1. In a BIG bowl mix together:
- Raw broccoli flower lets; cut into bite size pieces. (enough to fill the bowl you want to use) chopped nuts; I use pecans (plentiful in the south) Any favorite type of nut is good. chopped red onions (to taste - or not)
- raisins (to taste)
- 2. Make dressing:
- mayo (straight old fashioned Hellman's is my standard)
- sweet pickle juice (if not that then sugar and vinegar)
- a pinch of salt (or not)
- Mix the mayo, juice to a consistence (and ratio) you like
- I use a wire whisk and a small bowl. Thick enough to coat things.
- Seems like the amount is about 1/2 cup.
- 3. Pour over the broccoli, onions, nuts, and raisins and mix all.
- Consider adding bacon bits if that tickles your fancy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MJ Holderer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note