Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) uncooked instant rice
- 2 can(s) (10 oz) chunk chicken, drained
- 1 can(s) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can(s) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 package(s) frozed chopped broccoli (16 oz)
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 pound(s) processed cheese food
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.
- From reviewer:
- Simple and Delicious. I did make the following changes from the recipe: Rice - Do not use instant and cook in chicken broth before putting all ingredients together. (2 cups of chicken broth for every cup of dry rice) Chicken - Instead of canned, I used the breast meat from a rotisserie by simply pulling it off the bone. Broccoli - I used fresh broccoli, chopped it and steamed until tender. Cheese - I used half shredded cheddar and half crumbled Velveeta. Then mix all ingredients together and add salt, pepper, and garlic salt (I used Lowry's) to taste. This dish turned out no where near bland! **TIP: Don't skip the onion. It adds just the right amount of flavor!**
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note