Brenda's Apple Pie
- 7 8 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pkg refrigerated pie crusts I use Pillsbury
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lowfat milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Peel and slice the apples. We have an apple peeler and slicer it is great.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, cornstarch and salt. Mix thoroughly
- Prepare the pie crusts. If just taken from the refrigerator, microwave for 15 seconds after cutting the ends of the wrappers.
- Prepare a large pie dish, spray with cooking spray for baking I use with Butter.
- Place the bottom pie crust put in the apple mixture, dot with the butter, place the top crust over the apples.
- Crimp the edges together. Make air holes either by cutting designs or poking with a fork.
- Brush the top with the milk. Soak up the extra milk on the crust. Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Place a pie crust protector or aluminum foil over the edges to protect from burning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 50 60 minutes.
- Let cool for 25 minutes and serve with Vanilla Ice Cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BrendaWoodford and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note