Made these tonight because I'm sick of not having time to eat breakfast before work! These are quite tasty, well, the filling is so far anyway. (Got em in the freezer now.) I'm not sure if maybe my measuring cup was off, but I scooped the mixture with an actual 1/2 cup measure and only got 16 burritos, even though I added some additional sausage. (I had two 12oz. packages and cooked and added both of them.) That said, I'll definitely make these again! Easy and tasty! Thanks for sharing!
Community Recipe from
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1 pound(s) bulk sausage cooked
- 1/2 cup(s) Chunky Salsa
- 2 cup(s) Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 24 Flour Tortillas
- 1. Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa. Warm tortillas in microwave 20 – 30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- 2. Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet. When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze. (makes 24 breakfast burritos)
- To serve, unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- Wrap in a paper towel. Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes). Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mama2four and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note