Braised Chicken with Chick Peas & Peppers
Community Recipe from
- 4 bone in chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 2/5 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 oninon sliced
- 2 slice(s) bacon diced
- 2 stalk(s) celery diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chili pepper flakes
- 48 ounce(s) chicken stock
- 4 sprig(s) thyme
- 2 slice(s) lemon
- 1/2 cup(s) red peppers sliced
- 16 ounce(s) chickpeas canned/cooked
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika, and lightly dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. In a heavy bottomed pan or a cooktop safe insert, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken breasts on both sides, about 3-4 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Remove the chicken from the pan/insert and set aside.
- Lower the flame to medium-low, and add the garlic and onion, cooking until softened. Add the bacon and let it brown. Add the celery, tomato paste, marjoram, red chili flakes, and 1 cup of the chicken stock, and stir until the tomato paste is incorporated. Return the chicken to the insert, and add the remaining chicken stock. Top with lemon slices and nestle the sliced red peppers, thyme, parsley and chickpeas around the chicken.
- Cook in dutch oven at 275 for 3-4 hoursm or until the chicken is tender and falling off the bones. Serve hot with crusty warm bread – it tastes wonderful dipped into the broth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by stimply and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Braised Chicken with Chick Peas & Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes