Black Bean Chipotle Vegetable Soup
- 3 can(s) black beans Rinsed and drained
- 1 Onion Approx 1 cup, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots Approx 1/2 cup, coarse chop
- 1 cup(s) Celery rib Approx 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup(s) Red bell pepper Minced(Optional)
- 1 chipotle chili in adobe 1 chili from can, chopped
- 4 1/2 cup(s) Low sodium vegetable broth May substitute chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sea salt Or add later to taste
- Shredded jack or cheddar cheese Optional garnish
- Sour cream or yogurt Optional garnish
- Lime wedges Optional garnish
- Combine ingredients except garnishes in large pot or slow cooker. On stove top bring to boil and simmer until all vegetables are soft. In slow cooker cook on high 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Working in batches, purée soup until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with garnishes.
- Additional veggies can be added as long as they are mild flavored (eg., zucchini, summer squash, potatoes although these will make soup thicker).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AlanTinkleman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black Bean Chipotle Vegetable Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews