From Cook's Illustrated
Best red potatoes
Community Recipe from
- 1.5 pound(s) red potatoes halved
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 3 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives minced
- Place potatoes cut side down in large skillet. Add water, butter, salt, garlic and thyme. Bring to simmer; cover 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and lift out garlic and thyme. Increase heat to med-high and simmer vigorously until all water evaporates and butter starts to sizzle, 15-20 min. Cook 4-6 minutes until bottom of potatoes are nicely browned.
- Separately, mash garlic into a paste with lemon juice and butter. When potatoes are done, toss to coat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best red potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables