Best Chicken 'n' Biscuits
Quick and comforting, this delicious dish is filled with chunky chicken, colorful veggies and spoonfuls of creamy flavor. Add preferred frozen veggies to the sauce, such as peas and green beans. From Judith Whitford: East Aurora, New York. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007.
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1 49 1/2-ounce can(s) chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 3 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) browning sauce, optional
- • Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine 4 cups broth, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, corn, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- • In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Split biscuits; top with chicken mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note