Community Recipe from
- Beer-Battered Fish
- No need to fight crowds at a Friday fish fry. Make this at home in less than 15 minutes!
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Vegetable oil
- pound fish fillets, thawed if frozen
- to 4 tablespoons Original Bisquick® mix
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
- teaspoon salt
- Tartar sauce, if desired
- 1.Heat oil (1 1/2 inches) in heavy 3-quart saucepan or deep fryer to 350°. Lightly coat fish with 3 to 4 tablespoons Bisquick mix.
- 2.Beat 1 cup Bisquick mix, the beer, salt and egg with hand beater until smooth. (If batter is too thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.) Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into bowl.
- 3.Fry fish in oil about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain. Serve hot with tartar sauce.
- Makes 4 servings
- Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Betty Crocker® Kitchens
- These fillets are awesome sandwiched in burger buns. Add tangy tartar sauce, crisp lettuce leaves and a tomato slice for the Ultimate Fish Sandwich.
- Special Touch
- Serve these crispy fish fillets in a plastic basket lined with cooking parchment paper. Add coleslaw, potato chips, tartar sauce and a stack of napkins for a true fish-fry experience!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beer-Battered Fish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes