Beef Stroganoff (tomato paste, beef broth and sherry)
- 5 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry or beef broth
- Hot cooked egg noodles or brown rice
- • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour and salt. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef in 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- • In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in tomato paste and remaining flour until smooth. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- • Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add sour cream and sherry; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles or rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note