Beef Rouladen 2
- 1/4 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 8 slice(s) beef top round steak, (1/4 inch thick and about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 3 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- • Lightly spread mustard on each slice of steak; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 1 bacon strip and a few onion wedges on each slice; roll up; secure with toothpicks.
- • In a large skillet, brown beef in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- • Remove meat and keep warm. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Remove toothpicks. Return to gravy; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note