Thought these were real good, will make again!! I did add about 1/2 C. onions when frying the hamburger, also some Southwest seasoning & a few pepper flakes.
Try serving these quesadillas with your favorite taco toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sliced olives. Serving Accompaniments: Salsa Rice with Zucchini and Summer Melon Parfaits. Recipe published in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001.
- 3/4 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) refried beans
- 1 4-ounce can(s) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup(s) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- • In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- • Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half.
- • Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note