Beef Pitas with Yogurt Sauce
Begin your Greek menu with our Test Kitchen's tasty version of a traditional gyro with tender seasoned beef and sautéed onions. Top it with a very easy to make yogurt sauce that doubles as a dip for warmed pita chips and is also great on Greek salads. Serving Accompaniment: Greek Vegetable Salad. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007.
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pound(s) beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- • For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, parsley, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
- • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- • In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Saute beef in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- • Serve beef and onion on pitas with yogurt sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note