Beef 'n' Sausage Lasagna (ground beef and Italian sausage)
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 pound(s) bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 26-ounce jar(s) spaghetti sauce
- 1 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese (softened or cubed), cubed
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- • In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- • Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning.
- • Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note