Beef Cabbage Roll-Ups
- 1 head(s) cabbage
- 1 large potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 8-ounce can(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- • Cook cabbage in boiling water just until the leaves fall off head. Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of 12 large leaves, making a V-shaped cut; set aside. (Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use.)
- • In a large bowl, combine the potato, carrot, celery, green pepper, onion, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well.
- • Shape into 12 logs. Place one log on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling. Secure with a toothpick.
- • Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over roll-ups. Sprinkle with basil and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and cabbage is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note