Beef and Blue Cheese Penne with Pesto
Unique and simple to prepare, this delicious dish is filled with fresh flavors, and it’s as healthy as it is hearty. Best of all, it takes just 30 minutes to set this meal on the table. From Frances Pietsch: Flower Mound, Texas. Recipe published in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012.
- 2 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 6 cup(s) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoon(s) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- • Cook pasta according to package directions.
- • Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145° medium, 160° well-done, 170°).
- • Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the spinach, tomatoes, pesto and walnuts; toss to coat. Thinly slice steaks. Divide pasta mixture among four serving plates. Top with beef; sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note