Bean-and-Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 1/2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz can diced green chili peppers
- 1 8 oz carton dairy sour cream or light dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 8 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce or one 10 1/2 oz can tomato puree
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1. In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, chili powder, and cumin until onion is tender and meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir pinto beans and undrained chili peppers into meat mixture; set aside.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, flour, and garlic powder until combined; set aside.
- 3. Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sour cream mixture, and half of the enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Cover dish with plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- 4. To serve: Preheat oven to 350F. Remove plastic wrap; cover dish with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Nutrition Facts (Bean-and-Beef Enchilada Casserole) Servings Per Recipe 6,
- Calories 429,
- Protein (gm) 19,
- Carbohydrate (gm) 36,
- Fat, total (gm) 24,
- Cholesterol (mg) 64,
- Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 6,
- Vitamin A (IU) 1118,
- Vitamin C (mg) 6,
- Sodium (mg) 632,
- Calcium (DV %) 303,
- Iron (DV %) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bean-and-Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles