Homemade pesto adds instant flair to these tasty salmon fillets. While they bake in the oven, you can assemble the simple green salad. From Taste of Home Test Kitchen: Greendale, Wisconsin. Serving Accompaniment: Catalina Parmesan Salad. Recipe published in Quick Cooking January/February 2006.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoon(s) plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- • For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, salt and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- • Place the salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over fillets. (Cover and refrigerate remaining pesto for another use.)
- • Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note