Good basic recipe, but found it to be very salty (and I generally like more salt than most!). Next time, I'll omit the salt and add some at the end if needed.
- 4 tablespoon(s) basil fresh leaves only
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/8 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper freshly ground
- For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, cheese, pine nuts, salt and pepper, and beat with mortar and pestle. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Alternately, for quick and easy pesto, combine in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- The consistency of the pesto may be adjusted by adding a small amount of warm water to thin the pesto, or adding a small amount of cheese to thicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MrBagODonuts and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note