Barbecued Mushroom-Turkey Burgers
Chill: 1 Hour
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup(s) barbecue sauce, divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 slice(s) tomato
- • In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrot; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the wine, salt and pepper; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- • Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- • Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, brushing occasionally with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and remaining barbecue sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note