Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon(s) very cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2 room temp whisked eggs
- 1 cup(s) skim milk
- 1-2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into rounds
- maple syrup, gently warmed
- 1. Sift the 6 dry ingredients into a food processor and put on lid. Drop some bits of butter into the processor tube, pulse to combine, and repeat til it looks like meal (don't overprocess, you want butter to stay cold).
- 2. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk. Add the flour mixture and whisk again. Let batter stand for 5min before cooking.
- 3. Pour about 1/3 or 1/2 cup batter into a hot nonstick skillet (amount of batter depends on what size pancake you prefer). Place 4-6 slices of banana on the batter surface and "settle" the slices in place.
- 4. Turn the pancake when surface is bubbled and the pancake moves freely if you shake the skillet. Maybe 2 min per side or until golden.
- 5. Slide onto plate (pretty-side up/banana-side down) and serve with warm maple syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note