Banana-Blueberry Nut Muffins
"Bananas, blueberries give flavor to muffins" by Michael Hastings. Recipe Swap. Anne Prevette of Pinnacle made this request, responded to by Callie Smith of Siloam. Muffins can be made with Splenda sweetener, cooked sweet potatoes in place of the bananas, shredded zucchini, chocolate chips or applesauce in place of the oil. For an even heart-healthier version, add sunflower seeds, flax seeds and walnuts. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: April 20, 2011.
- 1 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) dry (regular, old-fashioned) oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 banana, chopped or mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Using mixer, mix oil, sugar and eggs. Add flour, oatmeal, soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in fruit and nuts.
- 3. Spoon batter into muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note