Balsamic Roasted Chicken with Peppers and Onions
- 2/3 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 whole(s) chickens, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) OLIVE OIL
- 5 onions quartered
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper, divided
- 3 pound(s) red & yellow peppers, cut into 1" strips
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- Arrange racks in upper and lower third of oven. Heat oven to 475.
- Arrange chicken in 11x17 roasting pan, sprinkle with 1/2 teasp salt and 1/8 teasp pepper. Toss peppers and onions with oil in 15x10x1" JELLY ROLL PAN, SPRINKLE WITH 1/4 TEASP SALT AND REMAINING PEPPER.
- Roast chicken on upper rack. After 10 min, place peppers and onions on lower rack. Roast both for 30 min.
- Remove chicken from oven, transfer to plate. Stir peppers and onions, roast 10-20 min more until browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, transfer pan drippings from roasting pan iinto a large glass measure, skim off fat. Stir in chicken broth, vinegar, garlic, oregano rosemary and remaining 1/4 teasp salt. Return chicken to pan. Spoon pandrippings mixture over chidken, return to oven and roast 20-25 min more, basting once after 10 min.
- Transfer vegetables to serving platter, cover and keep warm. (Vegetables roast a total of 40-50 min). When chicken is cooked through, arrange on platter. (Chicken cooks a total of 60-65 min).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ArdraT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note