Balsamic glazed chicken sandwiches with red onions and goat cheese
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 3 ounce(s) goat cheese
- 4 hoagie or kaiser roll
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 1. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook until reduced to 1/3 c (about 12 minutes). Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- 2. While vinegar mixture cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkly chicken with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan, cook for 4 mintues on each side until done. Remove chicken from pan, and thinly slice. Cover and keep warm.
- 3. Add oil to pan, reduce temperature to medium-low. Add onion, cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft and beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 4. Spread about 1 1/2 T goat cheese evenly over the bottom half of each roll, divide sliced chicken and onion evenly over rolls. Drizzle each serving with about 1 T balsamic mixture, and top with 1/4 c arugula and top halves of rolls. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Balsamic glazed chicken sandwiches with red onions and goat cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes