Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) allpurpose flour
- 14 ounce(s) elbow macaroni, rotini or spinach egg noodle
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) margarine or butter
- 3 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) onion
- 16 ounce(s) processed sharp American or Swiss cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Cook macaroni as directed. Cook and stir margarine, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until onion is slightly tender. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Place macaroni in 9" x 13" glass baking dish. Stir cheese sauce into macaroni. Cook uncovered in 375 oven 30 minutes or until cheese on top has reached desired doneness.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bafinaire and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note