Baked Creamed Spinach recipe
Community Recipe from
- Baked Creamed Spinach recipe
- 2 lb of fresh spinach.
- 1 ½ cups of hot milk.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Pinch of pepper.
- Pinch of nutmeg.
- Preparation Instructions:
- Trim and wash 2 lb of fresh spinach.
- Place in a suitably-sized pot with water still on the leaves.
- Cover; then cook only until wilted.
- Allow to cool, then squeeze out the excess water.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; then add the flour.
- Whisk and gently cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the milk; then bring to a boil.
- Add the salt and a pinch of pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Combine the sauce with the spinach and ½ cup of grated cheese.
- Spoon into a baking dish, then top with the other ½ cup of grated cheddar.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Creamed Spinach recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables