Bacon Squash Saute
This delicious medley is a great way to serve zucchini and squash. The bacon and onion add just the right amount of flavor and crunch. From Jodi Grable, Springfield, Missouri. Serving Accompaniments: Orange and Red Onion Salad, Hens with Apricot Rice Stuffing, and Banana Cream Pie. Recipe published in Taste of Home December/January 2006.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- • In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- • In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note