Bacon and tomato salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) Love
- 3 pounds tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun spice mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash of hot sauce and crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, basil, onion, olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and arrange the bacon slices in a single layer on the rack. Bake the bacon in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes, turning once, until golden and crisp-chewy. Let cool, then break into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, curry powder, Cajun spice mix, lemon juice, garlic and hot sauce.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the tomato salad and serve the mayonnaise and bread on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon and tomato salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads