Authentic German Potato Salad
- 3 cup(s) potatoes diced peeled
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup(s) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- Place potatoes into pot, fill with water (enough to cover). Bring to boil, and cook for about 10 min, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place bacon in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to bacon grease, and cook over medium heat until browned. Add vinegar, water, sugar. salt and pepper to pan. Bring to boil. Then add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of bacon. Heat through, then transfer to a serving dish. Crumble remaining bacon over top. Serve warm!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoyceCaton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Authentic German Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes