Asparagus with Lemon-Herb Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/5 pound(s) asparagus spears thin spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup(s) chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup(s) minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup(s) diced red bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Have ready a large bowl of ice water.
- Bring broth to boil in a large pot. Add asparagus; cook until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water. Reserve 1 cup broth in a small bowl. Drain asparagus, pat dry. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap asparagus in paper towels. Seal in plastic bag. Cover broth. Refrigerate asparagus and broth until ready to use.)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup of chopped green onions, shallots, and sugar. Saute until onions and shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, saute 1-2 minutes longer Stir in reserved 1 cup of broth, mustard, lemon juice, thyme and lemon peel. Simmer until slightly thickened and liquid is reduced to 1-1/4 cups, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange asparagus on platter or individual plates. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and bell peppers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BKFoote and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note