Asparagus with Garlic Lemon Gremolata
2 pounds fresh asparagus $ 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind $ 1 garlic clove, minced Preparation Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam asparagus, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge asparagus into ice water; drain. Place asparagus on a large platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Combine parsley and the remaining ingredi
Yield: 8 servings ( Serving Size: 3 stalks )
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely grated Parmesan cheese Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Toss asparagus in 1 tablespoon of oil. Juice half lemon and add to asparagus.
- On a cookie sheet or shallow pan, spread out asparagus and grind fresh pepper over.
- Roast asparagus, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Place asparagus on a large platter.
- Drizzle with remaining oil.
- In a mortar and pestle, mash garlic clove. Combine with grated lemon rind and sprinkle over asparagus.
- Optional...add grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kimmy95 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note