Asparagus n Vinaigrette
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) pounds fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 piece(s) green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon(s) reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- ½ teaspoon(s) sugar
- ½ teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place into a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover; steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately rinse in cold water. Place asparagus and green onions in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
- Nutritional Analysis: 2/3 cup equals 74 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
- Prep/total time: 20 mins + chilling
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BetsyBissen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note