Artichoke-Lamb Sandwich Loaves
Marinate: 8 Hours, 10 Minutes
Refrigerate: 4 Hours
- 1/2 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 14-ounce can(s) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup plus 6 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 2 sourdough baguettes (1 pound each)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 3/10 package(s) fresh goat cheese, sliced
- • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- • Drain and discard marinade. Place lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 80-90 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- • Place artichokes in a resealable plastic bag; add 2/3 cup vinaigrette. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- • Cut lamb into thin slices. Cut each baguette in half horizontally. Carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Brush the bottom half of each loaf with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Layer with cucumber, tomatoes, lamb and artichokes; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Top with goat cheese.
- • Replace bread tops and press down firmly; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note