Apple-Pecan Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
Sweet-tart apples, like Braeburn or Empire, pair well with Parmesan cheese here. This salad also works with Bartlett or Bosc pears and blue cheese. From Anna Russell: Peterborough, Ontario. Toasting Nuts: Toasting nuts before using them in a recipe intensifies their flavor. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Be sure to watch them carefully so they don't burn. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010.
Yield: 10 servings
Community Recipe from
- 7 cup(s) torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, apple and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note